Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Day 1659 - I took a break from painting and my efforts to come back were not very successful, I couldn't find my voice again. I did paint but it was very uninspiring, they were really nothing. But I still have the urge to paint and I decided that like I did at the beginning I should look on line and try to find interesting subjects and try to recreate them on my canvas. So I did that last week and indeed I found few interesting pictures and downloaded them for future use. Today while surfing with the same idea in mind I came across few tutorial videos that actually show how to paint trees and clouds and snow scene and sea scape. And after watching few of those videos I realized why I felt stucked; I have no technique, I never learned that and thus everything I did was pure chance instead of planning. And this is what I need to take my painting to the next level. Since no matter if I paint realistically or abstract I need to know what I'm doing. So I preped my canvas tonight and tomorrow I'll start working in a more methodical fashion. I hope I'll have interesting results to show for that. I am thankful for this wealth of information I found online. I am thankful to all those individuals who put all this great info for free; I am thankful for the constant reminder to me not to forget my dream.

No comments: