Monday, August 10, 2015

Day 1664 - In the past few days I had a very strong urge to paint. I started by watching few videos on YouTube and it became almost an obsession. To the point that I dream about it at night and think about it all day. Yesterday I finally went to buy canvas. This morning I took a canvas I prepared with aquamarine blue back ground and just started painting. I tried one technic I saw but I couldn't duplicate it, so I opted for something different a moon rising over the ocean and its light reflecting in the water. This evening when I came back from work I continued to work on the painting. Not done yet but starting to look interesting. And I enjoy it so much. For the first time I'm in the driver's seat. I paint what I want and not what comes out. And it's a very important achievement. It's not just a random mess but an organized chaos, if you will. The painting is not done yet but you can see where it's going and the atmosphere and mood it brings up. I am so happy for having the idea and actually take the right steps and start my quest to improve my skills and get better.

No comments: