Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Day 1730 - for the past two days my partner is suffering a very serious pain in his shoulder to the point that he can't move that arm. Luckily I'm already good enough that I can do everything for the both of us, the same way he did last month. It's funny that in such a short time both of us encountered such debilitating conditions and we had to learn to rely on the other one for the most basic things. It sure is a very important lesson in compassion and in humility. It also reminds us not to take anything for granted, not even our health and our ability to take care of ourself. A very unpleasant reminder that life is so frail and everything so temporary. I am thankful it is a transient condition. I am thankful I have a partner I love and can rely on when needed.

No comments: