Sunday, October 25, 2015

Day 1741 - tonight we changed our clocks back one hour as the "daylight saving time" ended and this morning heavy rains and strong winds all over the country marked the first day of that. Even in the desert where my mom lives it rained all day. Only yesterday we walked in short clothes and today was chilly and very wet. The sheer force of nature is amazing. The swift changes and the forces demonstrated are beyond comprehension sometimes. At 7 am we were on our porch enjoying our morning coffee and since I'm into painting right now I carefully noticed interesting swips of clouds. But within an hour it became dark with heavy clouds covering the sky and the wind picked up. Within two hours it was raining hard. Fascinating indeed. I am thankful I was a witness to such a powerful demonstration. And as we live in a very dry country that needs these rains, I am thankful for the first day of the rainy season and the blessings it brings.

No comments: