Monday, January 24, 2011

I am thankful for the trials in my life

Day 6 - I knew it in my head, but now I actually practiced it. The shadow is scarier than the real thing. For a few days I was thinking about this meeting and how to handle it. Turning and tossing it, asking myself how can I enjoy being at the receiving end of bad criticism. And finally I got it. Instead of being passive and wait for the jabs to come, defending myself best I can, I can simply be proactive. I can take ownership of the situation. Instead of beating around the bushes, just step into the arena and admit to my short comings, and apologize. After days of pondering the issue, I just found the mature and professional way to address it. And when I came from the adult level of behavior, all was fine. Sounds so anti-climatic, but this is what I enjoy, the calm. I was ready to do it again right away. And I know that I turned a corner. From now on I learned a new way to handle difficult situation.

So today I am thankful for this wonderful opportunity to grow, I am thankful for my fires that forced my seed to grow into a beautiful seedling. Thanks for an amazing opportunity to get out of my comfort zone, realize that it is not so scary there and choosing not to step back in, just forcing my circle to get bigger, more inclusive.

No comments: