Tuesday, January 25, 2011

My mother-in-law

Day 7 - I am sitting here to my computer, since this is what I promised to do for the next 993 days and trying to think of anything out of the ordinary I can write about. So, what did I do today? I went to work a little late and so got another beautiful sunrise!! and I am thankful about that. it was really beautiful. Light mist hanging over the bay and the sun bright and red picking between the clouds and I could not stop thinking - how lucky I am to be here and see that. It was my good morning present just for showing up.
But, I already wrote about the sunrise and as thankful as I am this is part of the challenge - it had to be something new everyday. I can't write the same thing twice.
I had to saw something small, to fix a onesee, but I don't have a sawing machine, so I took it to my mother-in-law, and I had a lovely afternoon. She was very sick in the past few days and so she barely left her home. We talked and had some tea and cake, exchanged some ideas about how to make life more interesting and of course, I fixed the onesee. I walked back home in a very good mood. This is an 83 years old lady, so lively and lovely. I enjoy spending time with her and I am very thankful to her that even though she is not happy that I left her son, she still calls me and wants us to meet. I am also thankful for the opportunity to bring some joy into her otherwise very quite and lonely afternoon. 
I am thankful for having this very special lady in my life.

No comments: