Saturday, January 29, 2011

I am thankful for my Body

Day 11 - I read somewhere that more that 90% of women, when asked, will admit that they don't like their bodies, that they wish it was different here  or there. We live in time and age where we are constantly bombarded with ads and talks of how to make it better, more toned, less fat, less wrinkles, just not what it is right now. We diet ,and work-out, and dye our hair, and injects poisons under our skin and cut with a knife...
and still, we are not happy. We are chasing an illusion, instead of understanding that if 90% of women don't fit the "normal" maybe it's not so normal!!!
So today I want to make a stand. I want to thank my body, faults and all. I thank my body for doing a great job at keeping me alive. For pumping blood thousands of times a day into every cell of my body, for bringing oxygen thousands of time a day into every corner, for taking me everywhere. For having children grow in me, and being born. And I especially I want to thank my body for doing these jobs even though I am not taking good care of it as I should and even though I am always upset of its imperfections. this is the only body I have and if I wont take good care of it it might not be able to do its job anymore.
Thank you my body for all you have done for me for so many years.

No comments: