Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Two years later - OOPS number 1

So the day I dreaded had come and gone. So many things happened since then, and my worries about starting to plan dinner at 10 am  proved to be wrong. Encouraging?
Well, that depends. The reason I am not planning dinner is because I decided to leave home. So I am still an Empty Nester, but I left the nest as well. And I can promise you that this is a very invigorating thing. At the age that most people are starting to plan retirement I am starting my life a new, and in a different country, I went back to my homeland.
Challenging, yet so exciting is all I can say. After more than 20 years away, things have changed a little and I am out of the social network. I did keep contact with few of my friends, but they had new friends and new experiences that I was never a part of. And I came back alone, no husband. Some people are feeling threatened, or uneasy. I can't even blame them considering the fact that many marriages are not as stable after more 30 years, and my presence can rattle the shaky boat, give some bad ideas to the wives...

But if I have to take a look at the direction my life took - it is really for the better. after so many years, it feels great to be alone, to make my own decisions, with no one to protest, and no one to blame. It feels like finally I am completing my transformation into full adulthood, full womanhood.

So I am going to do things differently. I am not the same woman who left home half a year ago. I am strong and independent and I love it. I keep thinking that even if I wanted to go back, there's not enough room for me there anymore, I outgrew it. And I am planning to do so much more growing. And I am planning to keep pushing the envelop ever so lightly more, to keep growing and developing spiritually and mentally and socially for all the days of my life. And who knows, maybe even on my business endeavor - no ideas yet, but will keep you posted.

Part of my growing is by doing things a little different, everyday. I want to break old habits and to question everything. My therapist calls it - Out Of Patterns actions or OOPs for short. so from now on I am going to list everyday one oops.
Please feel free to comment or give me some suggestions. I don't want ever to run out of ideas.

OOPS number 1 - this blog. I decided to start this blog again and will keep it going, every single day. Going public is something very scary for me, being a very shy and private person, so this blog is a huge oops and I am doing it because I know how important it is to push the envelope, especially in the areas I am less comfortable pushing. I can tell myself that no one reads it, but it is out there and at anytime someone can come in. If you do, please let me know, to make this OOPS was more real than I thought. I am sure it will scare the hell out of me, but I hope it will be read. SO thank you for reading, you are my reason to be thankful today.

No comments: