Sunday, January 23, 2011

Not every day is rosy

Day 5 – I have nothing big to report today. Nothing very exciting happened and I was wondering what can I write. But, in second thought this is really something to be thankful for. It challenges me to go beyond the surface, to dig deeper to find my answer.
So here we go -
There is this meeting that I am suppose to attend in a few hours and I know it is not going to be an easy one. One of the people there is very upset with me and he is going to make this meeting all about that. I am thinking about this for the past few days a lot, and to be perfectly honest, dreading it.
My first thought was to run and hide, dodge the hostility directed at me and just not show. But than I told myself that: 

A.  this is very un-professional, thus unaccepted and
B. this is the old me talking, thus unaccepted.

So how am I going to deal with that?

I have to face the music, and since I Am going to do it, I should also try to enjoy it. Joy for sure will make it easier. This is a whole new and different way for me to handle such a situation and so I like it. How can you enjoy being the unpopular person in the room, being the target of criticism? This is what I am going to figure out in the next two hours. And I will report about it tomorrow.

And so today I am thankful for something I never thought I can see as a reason for gratitude - I am thankful for this opportunity to step outside my comfort zone, for the opportunity to grow in a direction I never did before. 

No comments: