Monday, April 27, 2015

An alarm

Day 1558 - a second day here with my dad went by just fine until he measured his sugar blood level to revel a very high level. I couldn't see anything we did out of line. He ate about the same quantity and the same foods as yesterday and there was nothing that jumped out as a probable cause. I knew I had to give him an insulin shot but because of the reasons above I was very hesitant to do so. I read on the Internet about hiperglacimia and decided to wait until the morning, if it will still be too high we'll go to the nurses and ask for their help with the injection. At the end of the meal my dad suddenly realize we forgot his medicines today. He took non of it all day long. That sure explain the high reading. So he took them and I hope that by morning he'll be back to normal. I sure will put a reminder from now on so it won't happen again. I was so happy with my decision to wait and not give him insulin. It seems such a harsh step that I prefer not to use.

No comments: