Tuesday, April 7, 2015

End of an era

Day 1538 - I went to my rental apartment this morning to do some touch ups paint and fix nail holes and this evening I met with the landlords and after a walk through I gave them back the keys and that was it. An end of an era passed so un-ceremonially that if it was not for my boyfriend I would not even stop to think about it and just let the moment pass. I no longer have to rent a place or have a landlord who tells me what to do. I no longer have to report or get permission for what I do inside my home. From now on I am the driver of that wagon, no one else. I am so thankful I got to this point. I am so thankful for not having to deal with landlords and annual moves. For the foreseeable future I live in my own place answering no one but myself.

No comments: