Sunday, April 26, 2015

With my dad

Day 1557 - after more than a year since my dad got injured and never fully recovered from it, my mom needed a vacation. To be away for a few days and not be on guard and on call 24/7. Since my dad cannot be alone,her original plan was that he'll stay at my brother's for that time. Talking to my dad it became clear to me that this is not a good idea and he'll be so much more comfortable staying home. So I talked to my siblings and we built a schedule when each one of us will stay here for a few days to cover the whole period of her absence. I am the first one and so this morning I left home and arrived here at noon. For the next three days I'll stay here and maybe have a chance for a serious talk with my dad, something that never happens when my mom is around since she is doing all the talking for the both of them. And it gives me a chance, maybe for the last time to spend some quality time with him. I am thankful my siblings agreed to partake in my plan and together enable my dad to stay home. I am thankful for the opportunity to pay back to my dad for all what he did for me when I was helpless. I am thankful I live now here in this country and can do my part after so many years away.

No comments: