Thursday, April 16, 2015

Holocaust Memorial Day

Day 1547 - it the Holocaust Memorial Day. Every year there are fewer survivors still here with us and the few left, like my father are getting more frail with every passing day. It's unsettling to think that in a few years it will become another history story that people might argue if its even true. That humans are not capable of such atrocities as those crimes against the Jewish people seventy some years ago. I live here in the Jewish country that as dangerous as it is some times, it is still a safe home for the Jewish people and the best is that we are here as a free and proud nation ready to protect our right to live. I lit a candle yesterday to commemorate the list lives of so many people of my family that I never met. Grandparents and uncles and aunts and of course all those who were never born; young lives and old; six million people of our nation perished in an unimaginable ways. I am here today as part of my nation ready to do what ever it takes to make sure something like that will never happen again. I am thankful to be here in my beloved country and to know I am back were I belong. I am so thankful to be here and be alive, to know that I brought to this world one more generation, that i and later my kids will keep this chain unbroken. To be a testimony to the strength and resilience of our people. Amen.

No comments: