Friday, February 20, 2015

Blackout

Day 1492 - another wet and very cold night. This time we had the bonus of a blackout that we could not fix so it became apparent that something is wrong with the electricity beakers of our electrical power company. Did I mentioned it happened a little before midnight? I called and they said a technician will come in two hours. So we set in the dark, with only our Sabbath candles to give us light, we brought some extra blankets to keep us warm and my son played the guitar and we sang along (hum along is a better definition. The technician came within less than an hour and fixed the problem and we were able to enjoy again the warmth of a heating device in this very cold apartment. So tonight I am thankful to our EC technician for bringing the light and warmth back to us. I am thankful for a very quick response time; even more appreciated in a cold night like tonight when I'm sure we wre not the only ones on life. I am thankful to my partner for a very lovely dinner. I am thankful to my son for a wonderful evening of music and singing.

No comments: