Monday, June 1, 2015

A dove story

Day 1593 - we have a dove here that insist on coming into the house, into a certain room every few days. At the beginning I didn't think much of it but when it kept coming I started checking what's going on and sure enough, I found a best with two eggs on the bookcase. I gently put them outside on the very loose nest she built and closed the windows in that room. But she found another window on the other end of the house and visited us today again. They say birds bring good luck, with our own private dove I hope it means even more so. I have to admit, luck or not, that I don't enjoy the little presents it leaves around and I don't like the idea of an intruder, even if only a bird, while we are away. But it could be worse, I guess, and it's kind of amusing...

No comments: