Monday, June 15, 2015

You can find good in any situation

Day 1608 - the family still in turmoil as the news ripple further out. I keep getting calls as everyone tries to come to terms with my dad'd decision. Is it final, can we convince him to re-consider it? It's heart warming and heart breaking at the same time. I don't think he ever realized how much everyone loved him until now when we know its almost over. Many years ago I had the idea that it is better to die after a long illness than abruptly because it gives you a chance to put all your affairs I order and it gives everyone a chance to say their goodbys, to take care of any unfinished business. And this is what we are all going through right now and it is a good thing. I for sure have a lot I want to tell him. And I am thankful that the situation as it is will push me to say it now and not miss the opportunity as it could have happen if his decision was a different one. And I am very thankful for that. I don't want him to leave before having one last heart to heart talk. So many gifts we all get, a blessing in disguise.

No comments: