Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Car service

Day 1616 - ever since I bought my car I take it to be serviced in a certain garage recommended by one of my friends. It is a very inexpensive place but I was not completely assured that my car is getting a good service. But it takes me a long time from thinking to acting on it, way too long sometimes. Finally I decided to ask my partner to come with me to the garage so I can get his opinion. Now he understands quite a bit in cars and he has a sharp eye and good senses. After the car got serviced he asked the guy few questions that I didn't know to ask and we got answers that were not satisfactory. Plus he opened my eyes to few things there... In short, it seems I'll be looking for a new garage for my next service. It will probably also be an expensive service after some questionable services. I am glad nothing happened to my car, I guess I am lucky and it's a very good one, but I should have been more credulous and diligent. When something is way cheaper than expected I should be suspicious and not happy. They always say, when its too good to be true, it usually is. Too many mechanics are taking advantage of women because they don't understand much about cars and don't know what to look for. I am part of this statistics and deep down I knew that but the price was too tempting to bring that thought to the surface. Little did I think that paying a little less for every service might cost me a lot more in the long run because of deferred maintenance of some parts or some systems. It might also be hazardous. How irresponsible of me.

No comments: