Saturday, June 6, 2015

The season finale

Day 1598 - a long and challenging hike on the Israel National Trail. It was a very hot day, probably the last one on the trail for the next few months as the summer is too hot here to hike. This was a great section for the season finale - climbing up one of the biggest cliffs in our country. We started the hike before six am and by 8:30 we were at the base of the cliff. It was tough and it was not my best day but I made it to the top where the vista is amazing. High above the Sea of Galilee. We walked fast and by 1pm we were done. I got a little sunburn and my feet hurt but a good night sleep will fix it all. Every time we hike I feel again so lucky to be here, to have a partner that likes hiking so much. I am thankful I can hike this trail, one of the best trails in the world, when ever I feel like.

No comments: