Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Being brutally candid

Day 1624 - at the evening after all the visitors are gone its only us, the family. And so we started talking and before you know it things started pouring out of very hurt people. And so for the next few hours we all heard stories and especially a lot of pain. It was very painful since it is was from my kids, thus too close to home and the thought of what my kids had to bear and still carry with them is just awful and it makes me feel so bad about staying as long as I did. But what is more important is that they feel comfortable and secure enough to open their hearts and bring out to the open for the first time their bleeding hearts and I think this will be the beginning of a healing process. My daughter is far along that way where my son only starting it. But the first step is the most difficult one and it happened here in this circle of trust that was forged over the last few days. I am thankful to my kids for opening up and trusting. I am thankful to my family that embraced them. I am thankful for this "shiva" process that enabled all this to take place.

No comments: