Monday, July 20, 2015

Fifth anniversary

Day 1643 - today is the 5th anniversary to our return here to my beloved country. I still remember the sheer joy when my daughter and I felt as the plane landed, as we walked the incoming path in the airport, as we picked our luggage, climbed the car that waited for us, arrived to our hotel. We felt like in a dream; something that we talked about and planned for so long suddenly became a reality. Five years later I look at that decision as one of the best I ever made. I can't belive I spent so many years abroad far from everything I care about, except my immediate family of course. Now that my dad has passed away I bless this decision even more, it allowed me to have almost five years of memories with him, to get closer than I ever was as an adult and gave him the opportunity at the end of his life to know I came back and did not stay there in the diaspora. Same goes for my daughter of course. I started new life here, with a man that I love very much and that loves me and its something very special and very important for me. I have work that I love in a field I was always attracted to and finally made the move in that direction and few months ago I even bought a home. I don't have much money, I don't live the life style I was used to and my tomorrow is not as safe as it once was but I am so much happier and I greet every day with a smile; I have a heart full of thanks every night. I am so blessed for finally having the courage to take the steering wheel of my life wagon into my own hands and start doing things my own way. I am thankful to the planet for all the goodness it bestowed on me.

No comments: