Saturday, September 20, 2014

Day 1 of the trail

Day 1339 - now it's official; we started the "Israel National Trail". It comprise of 40 some segments and we did segment 1. It is an easy 15 km hike that is almost two hours away from home. So it took us more time to drive than to walk. But it is the beginning of a very long journey. A physical journey in the material world all the way from Dan to Eilat; but it is also a spiritual journey connecting with my unconscious mind, connecting with a part of me that is not always present and walking has the ability to bring some of it to the surface. I hope that many new ideas and understandings will come to me as a result of this quest. I am thankful for the opportunity to walk the trail in its entirety. I am thankful I have a partner who loves it at least as much as u do. I am thankful for the opportunity to explore my world in such a special way. I am thankful I can go to sleep now after a very short night and a very long day.

No comments: