Sunday, September 28, 2014

Fall is here

Day 1348 - the fall is really here by now. The nights are getting cooler and this morning I woke up to the sound of raindrops on the vegetation outside my window. Being the first rain after weeks of summer, the air is full of dust and the rain was just long enough to leave its mark on all the cars, but not strong enough to wash it away. So everything now is looking like drops of water on a dust covered surfaces. Still, it's nice to see the fall setting in and the very humid summer is over Veblen hit days like we had on our hike are not so humid so much more bearable. I love this time a year with its colors and smells; I love the weather this time a year. Some people would live to live in eternal summer; I love the spring and the fall so much more. I am thankful for the fall here, as short as it is. I am thankful I lived to see yet another fall and hope for many more to come.

No comments: