Sunday, July 13, 2014

A very depressing reality

Day 1270 - nothing changes and you can feel the tension. People are checking their phones constantly for updates about rockets launching and sirens. Over hundred rockets were fired today already. No other country would tolerate this kind of hostility. And we are here, day after day of this activity with no end in sight. I live in the north so we are not in a great danger but most of the country is under attack, my daughter included. It's a sad reality, few hundred or thousand extremists are holding our country hostege and to be frank, holding their people hostage as well, since they are being hit by our artillery. I hope and prey that wisdom will enter the hearts of the leaders on both sides and that compassion instead of hatred will take over. But I know it's a naive thought and the reality is very different. I left this country many years ago because of this hopeless situation. I came back but nothing changed. I doubt that things will change in our lifetime. And this is such a sad and depressing thought.

No comments: