Saturday, July 5, 2014

If we only open our eyes

Day 1262 - we were sitting tonight in our little patio when I saw on the lawn of the building a big animal. It was dark outside and the animal looked almost white in the artificial lights of the street lamps and I thought it was a dog. . I didn't pay much attention and kept to my own business but when I saw two more such animals and one that looked way too big to be a dog. So I got up and walked toward the gate and to my surprise on the other side, not more than 20 feet away were 4 wild boars! one huge two of medium size and a little one. We hear them almost every night from the wild preserve just outside of our window, we saw the destruction they left behind when we just moved here, but I sure did not expect to see them so close at 8:30 pm when people are still walking in the street. It was an unbelievable sight. I live in a city, a big city of more than 250,000 people, and in the early evening, a family of bores are walking the streets. And I tried to move away from here to live in more of a natural settings, to be closer to mother earth. Sometime we just have to clear our mind of all the preconceptions and actually look around. We might be surprise of what we see if we only live mindfully.
 
I am thankful for this opportunity I got to live in the middle of a bustling city and still be not even 20 feet away from nature and its marvels. I am thankful for the reminder, once again to live consciously, to be fully present in my life. I am thankful for a wonderful weekend.  

No comments: