Monday, July 7, 2014

Running chores

Day 1264 - running chores is part of life, the less pleasant one. But we still have to eat and wear clean clothes and water the garden and clean the house and buy groceries. In short, the few free hours are taken by these chores. So I try to do as much as I can in one evening instead of spreading them all over the week. This way I am done and free until next week. So tonight was such an evening. But I did it all very fast and by 9 pm I was done. Not too bad at all. Still, I wish I could have a magic wand that by one wave of my hand the food will be ready, the clothes washed and dry and folded, the house clean and the sink as well. I would still read my book and won't wave my wand for that. I own a mystic store, but sadly I don't do magic... But on a more serious note, I know I am lucky I can do all that; and I know that the future holds days I won't be able to do that anymore, and will miss these days of unappreciated work, chores and all. So I am healthy and strong and once a week I devote few hours to take care of the physical needs in my life. No biggy!!
 
I am thankful for my life as they are, chores and all. I am thankful for my health, my strength, for my ability to lead my life as I please; I know I shouldn't take it for granted.

No comments: