Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Still at war

Day 1280 - 16 days of war. Did you ever experienced something like that? Most people in the world will answer no to that but in our war torn country the correct question is how many wars you endured  in your life. This is our sad reality. I moved back here only four years ago (yes, I was too engulfed in the war to even notice this important date, this special milestone) and it's already my second since then. The people who stayed here all those long years that I was away had gone through several more. Those who were kids when I left are now in the reserved forces, fighting for our people's right to go to sleep at night peacefully and wake up in the morning in their bed after an uninterrupted sleep. Not much to ask, really. In most places in the world it is taken for granted but there are places in our country that if you can go for an hour with no siren going off, it is considered a quite day; something they have to be thankful for. That to go out and see that your street and backyard are intact, that your dog does not suffer from anxiety ( did you even know its possible)...
I cannot stay away from the updates about the war, I am so concerned about the safety and well being of our troops, but I cannot even imagine what's going on in the mind of my dear friends that their two sons are both officers and in the war right now. It's so scary. I pray for the safety of these two brave young men and for their safe return.
I god please protect our forces and save our soldiers, and keep them away from harm's way.

No comments: