Wednesday, July 9, 2014

For better days

Day 1266 - even when I don't listen to the news, other people do. And I keep getting phone calls to make sure all is well. The funny thing is that I didn't even know a missile reach our Area and hit A city only ten minutes drive away from where we live. I didn't know and I plan to keep doing that. I refuse to live in fear in my own county. But business is getting hurt. People are not in the mood for shopping when more than half the population in our country is under attack. So the fact that I ignore the news cannot change the overall situation, as much as I want I cannot creat my own reality when other people have to be part of it. But this is all very temporary and I hope it will resolve in a few days. Not even two years ago we were in a similar situation, but then the rockets attack was limited to the south, now it's going much further north. I find it so sad the we cannot live peacefully in our country, that the basic needs are denied of our people; to assemble for a party of one kind or another, to walk outside without looking around for a possible shelter, sleep in one's bed... I chose to come to my country, knowing full well the danger and the threats, and I am not regretting it for a minute , but it doesn't mean I have to think its ok.

I am sad tonight for all that is going on right now in my country. But I am so very thankful to be here. I join my country people in a prayer for better days ; for peace of mind, for peaceful nights, for peace at last.

No comments: