Monday, July 14, 2014

Personal Independence

Day 1271 - the only day I have for house chores is Saturday. But this weekend my daughter came back from her trip so I drove to the airport to pick her up and we spent the rest of the day together. It was wonderful but the house was not clean. In the summer, with no rains the house gets dirty very fast and gets dustier even faster. So today I decided to take care of that. My partner was in the store and I cleaned everything and even went shopping before joining him at the store. I love the fact I can do that; that I no longer hold two jobs and I can go shopping whenever I want to. It's such a wonderful concept. I don't have to do it after work, I don't have to delay it all unroll the weekend I can just go today on a Monday morning. No questions asked. I am still getting use to this new reality in my life and I love it. It takes a huge burden off my shoulders.
 
I am thankful for little things I can do now without feeling guilty. I am thankful for the extra responsibility, yet the freedom I gained. I am thankful for a clean house, for a full fridge and for still being able to breeze. I am thankful, yet once again for the decision I made to go my own way and not to stay in my tight but secure shelter of a job.

No comments: