Saturday, July 12, 2014

My daughter is back

Day 1269 - because of the situation right now in Israel, where missile are being fired at more than 80% of our country's population my daughter decided to come back from her trip earlier than planned. It's not that she can do anything to make things better but at times like that you want to be here and not hear about in in CNN or the BBC. So I picked her up from the airport and brought her here to my house. I don't listen to the radio or watch TV and I don't update myself on the online Israeli news channels but she does, especially after coming home from a month trip, so for the first time since this current ordeal started I was informed about sirens going off in the south, about some rockets being fired towards our most populated metropolitan and I have to admit it's awful. In some areas sirens are going off multiple times a day. What kind of quality of life these people have right now. And more than that, what other country in the work will tolerate such aggression against its citizen with no response. So I live in the only big city not under attack at the moment, I can pretend nothing happens, but the truth is that the situation is unbearable. I don't envy our leaders for the tough decisions they have to make. But unt than we spend a wonderful day together and it was so great after such a long time I didn't see her. And who knows, if she'll be called to the army tomorrow it might be a while before we'll meet again. So a great day is something I alway cherish, we never know how our tomorrow will unfold.

I am thankful for a great day today with my youngest daughter. I am thankful she is back after such a long trip. I am thankful for the quite we have here; sadly in the situation right now in our country, it is not a given. I am thankful I can go to sleep now and I hope it will be for an uninterrupted night sleep with no midnight sirens to wake us up.

No comments: