Saturday, October 4, 2014

Day of atonement

Day 1354 - Tom kippur here, day of atonement. A day of fasting and reflection. A very quiet day. Almost no one is driving, only emergency vehicles, no TV, no radio or music if any kind. You hear no one, no cars, no neighbors, not even little kids. So a perfect day for relaxing and sleeping. A very slow and quiet day. Originally we planned to go hiking for the two days of the holiday but due to health issue we had to change our plans. So we stayed home, took long naps and talked. And it was wonderful. I hope next year we will be able to go hiking, but I have to admit it was a very needed time off. And now I feel recharged and ready to save the world. I am thankful for a very lovely weekend. I am thankful for food and rest. I am thankful by the end of the weekend my partner feels better.

No comments: