Thursday, October 23, 2014

Still jet lagged!!

Day 1371 and 1372 - I cannot get rid of the jet lag this time. Usually I just wake up the next morning on local time and that the end of the story, but on this trip it's a whole different story. By the late afternoon I get so tired that I can barely open my eyes. Yesterday it was during a drive back from San Francisco, really not the best timing. I had a dinner date with my friend and immediately after that I drove back to her home, where I'm staying during my visit, and decided to take a nap because I was so tired. I slept through the alarm I set and only woke up three hours later when my phone rang. And promptly went back to sleep until 4 am. Such a bad sleeping pattern will just keep the situation going. I'm not sure what's so different this time that the jet lag is such an experience but something is not as usual. In a week I a flying back home and I sure hope the scenario will not repeat itself there. Today I'm in SF again and I hope for a better ride back home. It was a real torture yesterday. I am taking the time to visit different mystic shops here in the area and hopefully get some new ideas for our store. And it is interesting to see the direction that each store takes. Each one has a very different flair and identity and it is very interesting to examine them with this in mind. Tomorrow I'll go back to one of the store I visited last year before we opened, I'm sure ill see things I didn't notice last time and have few more questions to the owner. It's nice to mix pleasure and work, especially where for me, this work is a real pleasure. So the stores close early here and by now I finished my scouting for today, the rest will be done tomorrow. Few more minutes to let the commute traffic subside and I'll hit the road on my way home. I am thankful for a pleasant and productive day in the city. I am thankful for a good night sleep, even if in installments, I sure learned to appreciate it this time around. I am thankful for the privilege to be a tourist in this beautiful city, I sure didn't do it enough while I lived less than an hour away for so many years, but I do it now and it's wonderful. I am thankful for my day.

No comments: