Monday, October 27, 2014

Sunday...

Day 1375 - my last days here and the last weekend. I got to sped the with my son again. This time I joined his day the way he likes his Sundays. Football at the local sport bar and later hanging out at his apartment. He explained the rules and the formations (sadly, I never followed the game before) and the truth is that when I understood that the game became interesting. So we hung out at the bar for several hours and I learned about football and about fantasy football and it gave me a little pick into part of his world I never before took the time to understand. So I was very happy about that. I think that a long visit gives me that rare opportunity to get to know my kids better. And it gives me some real quality time. I feel lucky that at the age of twenty eight my son still invites me to hang out with him. And I love the weekend for the free and in-hurried time it gives us.

No comments: