Sunday, October 5, 2014

I love the fall

Day 1355 - the nights are getting colder. We love eating our meals on our porch, and by now we have to put on a fleece jacket, especially at night. And to top it all I pulled out my beloved dawn comforter tonight, it's that chilly at night. So yes, the seasons are turning and yet another fall is here. I love this time a year with its chilly nights and bright blue days. The heaviness of the summer is over and the wetness of the winter is not here yet. Its the perfect time of the year. True, it's not as beautiful as in New England with the splendor of colors it presents, but for my simple needs the modest display of colors and the very welcoming relief from the humidity are all I am asking for. And the reminder of the passing of time is the most important part of all. Use what you still have wisely, the clock keeps ticking and your days on this earth are getting shorter. "Don't fall asleep on your watch, man". I am thankful for this welcomed guest among us, the fall. I am thankful for all the gifts he brings with him. I am thankful for yet another reminder to live my life well, life of no regrets.

No comments: