Wednesday, January 7, 2015

An early wake up call

Day 1448 - I woke up this morning at 5 am to a serious lighting and thunders show and torrential rains. At some point I started wandering if the store is ok since it is located on an open porch and we had drainage problems not a long time ago. But I have to admit I was too warm and cozy to actually move my butt. And hour later my boyfriend woke up and wandering the same he actually got up. And so by 6:40 we were already in the store; happy to find it dry and unharmed. True we were a little wet but the store was fine. The storm continued all day long and got even stronger as the evening crept in. We even considered staying in the store overnight to make sure there will be no floods but decided against it. I hope we will not regret it, but it just doesn't make sense. So now it is only 8:20 pm but I feel as if its midnight I'm so tried after such a long day. I have to repeat my thanks of yesterday, even if it sounds so cliche. I am thankful for a dry and warm shelter in a night like that. It's really all I need right now - walls and windows that keep the storm outside, food ad much as i need, cozy bed, warm blanket, and a heater. And I have it all; how lucky one can be. In dire situation the basic needs prove to be the most important ones. Something to think about at other time when we are so busy wanting something we don't have instead of enjoying what we have.

No comments: