Friday, January 2, 2015

Return to sender

Day 1442 - a certified mail was sent to me and by mistake was marked as "unknown in this address" and was turned around. Luckily I got the message yesterday and since them I was trying to stop the process and get the mail since it was my passport and I didn't know what will happen and how ill be able to get it back. It's the first time something like this happens to me. So for the past two days I was in a frantic chase calling every postal office I thought will be able to help and of course being transferred rom one place to the next. Yesterday afternoon I thought I had a break when a very nice gentleman told me that no problems he will send it back to the station near my house and I should be able to pick it up this morning. But when I went there today I found out he just said he would and in reality my passport was sent one stop further in the @return back to sender" route. So i made another round of phone calls and this time it ended with a very nice lady who told me "yes, I just processed it few minutes ago and it will go back tonight", but of course you can come and pick it up. This time it was for real and half am hour later I was holding my new passport in my hands. I am thankful I got my new passport, I sure have a new appreciation for something that usually sounds so trivial. I am thankful for the lucky break I got that enabled me to stop the return to sender process. I am thankful to this postal service worker who was ready to take the extra step and help me.

No comments: