Tuesday, January 6, 2015

The storm

Day 1447 - a huge storm all over the country sent everyone running home. Even our numerology class was at about 50% attendance. But I was there of course, I will not let a wind be in the way of this class. I attended it during the war so a wind for sure will not keep me away. But I was careful on my drive back home. Gusts of wind can easily push a car to the next lane, and the fact that we had serious winds before the rain started means the air was full of dust so the roads become very slippery. By now the rain is very substantial so the roads are not slippery just very wet. And coming home I inspected every tree near our house before I decided where to park and I sure hope not to find a surprise of that kind tomorrow. At a night like that I keep thinking about people less fortunate that don't have a warm and dry place to sleep tonight and even about the animals that hide the best they can from this storm. I really feel for them. And I am so, so very thankful to be in my little home, with all it's short comings, realizing how lucky I am to have so much; to have no worry; and to be dry, cozy, and protected in a night like that.

No comments: