Thursday, January 22, 2015

Surprise - another new thing

Day 1463 - another new beginning, or should I say coming back to something I really loved and didn't do for almost two years now. I am talking about my painting class. I was too busy and especially I ran out of my creative juices, but for the past few months I keep playing with the idea of going back there, but for one reason or another it just didn't work. Yesterday night I had an idea of a picture I want to paint and so I put my canvas and bag of paints and brushes near the door so I won't forget it in the morning rush. But I didn't. I even drove to the art store to get a new canvas and some new tubes of paint. And this evening I actually left the store on time and made it to class only a little late. I got a very warm welcome which was so nice but more important is that I actually found my voice again and was able to put on the canvas what I had in mind. It's so good to be back, I'm so happy I finally just did it. And I am not going to let that disappear from my life again. I don't know where my path will take me but I'll do my best to keep the painting in it. I find that aspect so important, I don't know how I let it go... How I didn't fight for it even when I didn't feel creative. I have to do the work if I ever want to get better.

No comments: