Monday, January 26, 2015

A computer disaster, almost

Day 1467 - a little accident in the store yesterday proved to be fatal to my computer. It just stopped working and announced it doesn't see the hard drive and won't go any further. So when this morning it still insisted on the same error message I called our computer guy. He took it to his lab just to call me this evening with bad news the hard drive has few damaged sectors and even to rescue the data I have there that sadly is not backed up it will cost me am arm and a leg. But I have no other option; I need this data and I need this computer working. We are so dependent now a days on these machines and never realize how vulnerable we become. We are modern slaves to all the electronic gadgets that are here "to make our life easier". I am spending years in front of a computer doing thing that years before no one thought of this didn't have to do... So what am I thankful for? I am thankful that my data can be salvaged from the wracks; i sure learned my lesson anout backing up going forward. I am thankful my computer can be fixed, even if its very costly.

No comments: