Friday, January 2, 2015

Friday night dinner

Day 1443 - Friday is a short day and after work, at 4:30pm, we went shopping. All stores are closed here at this time for it is Sabbath already so we drove to the near by kibbutz that has a wonderful supermarket that is open daily until very late and did our shopping there. It is a very rainy day today so we opted for a nice chicken soup and a hearty stew. We don't cook during the week because by the time we get home we really don't feel like doing that. But Friday is different, and even with shopping and driving and schlepping and cooking we still had a wonderful dinner by 8:30. Not too late to enjoy it, and enjoy we did. We worked like a well oiled machine one was doing the peeling and chopping if the vegetables and the other the cooking thus cutting prep time by half, and it gives a good feeling if real partnership. Of course we also cook for each other but today we wanted to cut the prep time and eat a good meal in a normal time so we opted for team work. The end if the story was funny. After dinner we went to our tiny living room and each one spread on a coach. I just woke up now, 5 hours later, still there on the coach; I guess we were tired at the end if a very long week. I am thankful for this one shop that is open on a Friday night. I am thankful to my partner for being an amazing sues chef tonight. I am thankful for a great Friday dinner. I am thankful for a much needed nap that I am going now to continue as a "the rest of the night" sleep.

No comments: