Thursday, February 14, 2013

A desert scene

Day 758 - It's Thursday and I am back to my painting class after three weeks away. Still under the spell of the desert and our amazing trip I was painting the places we saw. I don't really paint realistic landscape but what echoes in me is the atmosphere and the magic that the desert had on me. I painted a lone acacia tree and it made me happy. I have the painting on my wall now and it brings to me some of the scenes I miss. Maybe I should paint our tent in the middle of all that. It was good to be back to the class, to hold again brushes in my hand and pour my soul on the canvas. It was a very special lesson; it brought back the feelings and the scenes that were part of my life for two weeks and I now miss so much. It connected me again to a place inside me I don't want to forget.
   
I am thankful for the pleasure a painting lesson brings with it. I am thankful for the love I can put into my paintings, for the memories and dreams that make it so special. I am thankful for the gift of creation I received. 

No comments: