Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Welcome back

Day 756 - After almost a month my daughter is back home. I drove to the airport to meet her and spend a little time with her since she lives in a different city and she starts her new job tomorrow so she couldn't come to my place. So we met there and later we drove to her new apartment and we spend couple of hours together before I left and drove back home. While driving back from the airport, someone drew my attention that I have a tire with very little air in it. I was hoping it is nothing and I can just pump some air and fix it. So after I left my daughter's place I drove to a gas station to pump air but as soon as I put on my glasses to check the air pressure I need I could see a tear on the side of the tire - bad news, since this cannot be fixed. A quick change of tire to the spare one (by the nice guy at the gas station) and I was on my way, driving very slowly as per spare tire limitations and tomorrow I have to go and buy a new tire. So it took me almost two hours to get back home but I cannot complain, this is my first flat in about 15 years. But this cannot oveshadow my joy for having my daughter back here, nothing can do that. Despite the fact we don't see each other every day since we live in different cities and the fact we talked on the phone almost every day while she was gone it is still so good to have her back here and to know that she is so close just a little over an hour away. And more importantly that she is here in this country, that she loves it and wants to make it her home as well and that from what she said my son is serious about trying to move here as well in about two years. oh, how much I wish this will come true!
  
I am thankful my daughter is back. I am thankful I got to see her on her first day back even with our hectic life and busy schedules. I am thankful for her love and warmth for having her in my life. I am thankful we share this love to this place and the determination to make it our home. But most of all I am thakful she is here again and can't wait for the weekend so we can spend some time together.   

No comments: