Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Let it be

Day 763 - Just a day, like all others, nothing to report or write about. Went to work, did what I am paid to do, had a few meetings, came out with a bigger "to do list", met few visitors and showed them our campus; met my darling who walked here all the way from home and we drove back together; had dinner, worked some more on my computer this time for a business we are trying to develop... in short, just a regular day in the trenches. But I know it never is. I am blessed I can have days like this. I am blessed that my life right now are full of happiness and bliss. That it never is just "I met my partner" but really "I met my beloved" that every time we are together, even doing the most mundane things, its sheer joy and I enjoy it to the fullest. I really don't take it for granted, I know that I am so very lucky to find love again, and I let it fill my days and my heart without holding back. And by doing so my days are brighter, my steps are lighter and my heart sings. Being 55 and divorced means I witnessed love that started this way and got lost to the grinding powers of the routine and I hope my gray hair and my wrinkles brought with them not only years but also wisdom. The wisdom to not ever take my partner for granted, to know how to solve conflicts in a way that will keep us together and not tear us apart, the ability to keep our love fresh and exciting. I really hope we can be that smart and keep it to our last day. So yes, it was a day that nothing outstanding happened, but I spend the evening with him and we had time to talk and to joke and enjoy each other company. I don't need much in my life just a lot of love and joy - to be able to see my children and their families, and have my partner by my side. Please, let it be.  
  
I am thankful for every day, the exciting as well as the mundane. I am thankful for phone calls I had with all my children in the past two days, it keeps me at least a little, in their lives. I am thankful my youngest daughter lives here in this country so we can talk every day and see each other almost every week; it brings so much happiness to my life. I am thankful that in my age I was lucky to find a man I love and see myself getting old with. I am thankful for all the blessings in my life.  

No comments: