Monday, February 25, 2013

About happiness and gray hair

Day 769 - there is a say "all happy families are alike; every unhappy family is unhappy in its own way" it is called the Anna Karenina principle. I look at us these days and I think it is not always true. Happiness has colors too. I was happy before, I was in love before, I saw stars and I thought it will never end. And one day I woke up and found I fell out of love; so I know things change, feelings get diluted and washed out. I also know that pains from the past, experiences we go through as we blaze our trail in this amazing adventure called life give us some perspective. I know that what we have is not an every day thing; I know you don't find things like that often. I feel blessed for having such a connection, such love I think most people go through their whole life without having such an amazing thing. I heard it from two friends before that love that comes at our age can be so very special and I keep thinking that it is my reward for daring to try. For daring to say I don't want my life as they turned out to be and just walk out of it all. For finally having the courage to write my own script and not follow others'. So it is of course way too early, we only know each other few months but from the first day we met I sensed it is very different, that he is my soulmate that I have found "the one". You read about it, but until it happens to you it's hard to believe these things are possible. So no, I don't think our happiness is like every other happy couple; we both are in owe, overwhelmed but the depth and intensity of feeling we didn't know before. And the gray hair tells us we have something so very special, and we will do all we can to keep it the same for the rest of our lives. What else can I ask for? I was hoping to have one more love before I die and now that I found it I will never take it for granted.

I am thankful every day for a gift I was hoping for but didn't know if its possible. I am thankful for happiness beyond my wildest dreams. I am thankful that an evening of staying home working on the most mondain things feel like such a bliss because we are there together, planning and slowly building a future for ourselves. I am thankful I had the courage and the wisdom to see that magical moment when two twin souls meet, call it for what it is and hold on to it; thankful for not letting this moment get lost, and by that changing my life.

No comments: