Saturday, February 9, 2013

The end of our vacation - how sad

Day 754 - after being outdoors for two weeks it's hard to stay put. We are still in recovery mode so trying not to over do things but we drove to the north and went on a few short hikes amid the lush green and the beautiful wild flowers. Our country after so much rain is in bloom. It was nice to be out again and walk with no weight on our backs but our jackets. It was nice to be back outdoors. Just a simple day a hike, a stop for light lunch and later for coffee and hours of music and talks and laughter... It's hard to end these two weeks of vacation, it's hard to get to my daily routine; like a little kid I wish I could prolong it. But this is part of the deal, now we have to learn how to carve out time for us in that realm, how to not be dragged into the mundane. 
I feel so blessed for having a man I love so much to enjoy these simple joys with me; I feel so blessed to be in love again in my age and with such intensity, I didn't think it's even possible. What else one can ask for? what else do I really need? coming back from the trail I know I have plenty, I have everything I'll ever need. I have myself like I never did before, wonderful kids, I have a man I love - my life is full. I prey everyday for this to last till my last day. I thank the universe every day for all the bounty, and I learn to open up my heart, to soften it so I"ll be able to contain all that happiness, to be worthy of it. 
  
I am thankful for everything I have. I am thankful for every moment of hardship and difficulties in my past because it blazed the way for all the goodness. I am thankful for a wonderful weekend, for a wonderful vacation that is coming today to its end; it is a gift beyond imagination and I am so thankful for that. I am thankful for this late love that is filling my soul and healing my heart. I kneel on my knees and thank the universe for blessing beyond my wildest dreams. 

No comments: