Sunday, February 17, 2013

My wallet got lighter

Day 761 - I took my car to thee garage today for a long over due service and to fix the flat tire. Well' they did the service but the tire had to be replaced and when I came there they showed me that the other tire is also very worn and should be replaced. I hesitated for a few moments but I know it's true and I should not drive a car with worn tires. So I have two options - I can put my car aside and start riding the bus again a decision that will save me a lot of money on gas, services and tire change. or I can decide to keep using my car the same way as before and then replacing the tires is not even a question. I changed the second tire, of course, but I think I will choose the third option which is to do all the necessary maintenance but ride the buses more and my car less. I think I'll get back into the mode of saving. There is no justification for using the car so much. I think I might even do it tomorrow already, just to practice it. But for now I have a car that is running well again and I have 2 new tires but a little lighter wallet. But if I cannot afford to take care of my car I should not own one. 
   
I am thankful I can afford to replace my tires, thus keep owning a car. I am thankful that I have a car, I know all too well that a car can make the difference between life and death, so I am thankful for having one even if it costs money. I am thankful I can go to sleep now I had a very short night and I am very tired. 
 
   

No comments: