Saturday, February 16, 2013

Clearing my spiritual path

Day 760 - my daughter was looking for an outfit for Purim so I opened a box of gowns I brought with me from my old life, things I didn't ware for several years. It was so weird to see myself in the mirror in those fancy dresses; so not me, I looked at them and thought how happy I am to live a simpler and more down to earth life. When I moved here I couldn't through away these gowns, they are expensive and I thought maybe ill ware them again; but now I know I won't it is a reminder from my past that does not belong in my present life. And so it's time to say goodbye. I put all the gown in a box and I'll bring them tonight to a vintage store. Maybe they'll want it. But I have no need and no room for them anymore. I moved on and I am happy I can part with one more element from my previous life.
 
I am thankful I was able to leave one more element of my past behind; at least for me, it is not as easy as it sounds; at least not for me. I am thankful my spiritual spirit is now a little clearer for doing that; that it is more open for new things to come my way.

No comments: