Monday, February 11, 2013

The ripples

Day 755 - I am not totally back yet and just realized I forgot to post my blog yesterday. You'll have to excuse me for few false starts. It is hard friends, to leave the trail behind and land back into my daily routine. It is hard to let go of the freedom and the open space, to let go of a dream. I am trying to hold on to it. I'm trying to keep a better balance, to spend more time doing things I love and less time in the office, but I have to make up the hours (days) I missed at work for monetary reasons as well as a simple catch up since no one did my work while I was gone, which means I am swamped. And on the other hand it is difficult to see my beloved partner so little after spending more than 2 weeks together and away from the world, just the two of us. I was ready for the extra work. I didn't expect the difficulty of coming back, the feeling of "what am I doing here" to be so strong. I came back different and I have to find the time to think about it and come with the right set of action items to make the necessary changes in my life. I came back a different woman, it is not even a question that changes are about to come. One more time my life are in a pause before a big and life altering decision...
  
I am thankful for this feeling of restlesness; it brings with it renewal and change and this is always a blessing. I am thankful for the shower I have every day, for a warm and soft bed. for fresh vegetables and fruits all things I missed on the trail. I am thankful for the ripples still echoing in my heart and soul from these blessed two weeks in the wild, on the trail. I am thankful for every day that brings with it a little more clarity. I am thankful I am not affraid to ask hard questions and the patience to wait for the right answers. I am thankful for a wonderful partner that struggle with me and supports me every step of the way.   

No comments: