Thursday, February 28, 2013

The fam

Day 772 - My partner's son lives abroad and he is on a homeland visit for a few days with his wife and new born baby. They came here this afternoon for a visit and just left like an hour ago. It is so nice to be surrounded by family again, to have kids and grand-kids coming over to visit; my daughter, his children. I lost this feeling of family when I left home and it's something I miss very much. I used to host a lot and have friends and family for dinners and celebrate holidays together. When I just moved here this is what I missed, the fuzzy feeling of an evening at home around the dinner table with laughter and warmth. and now as we are building our little nest together it love the fact that we can include in this intimate circle all our children, it makes me feel so good. I don't mind the work before and the dishes after as long as I have a warm and fuzzy evening in between. and tonight we got to enjoy his son's family and especially the cute little baby. It was so wonderful!

I am thankful to his children for being so nice and kind to me, for their acceptance. I am thankful for a lovely evening at home. I am thankful for everything even though I am so very tired that I am literally falling asleep.

No comments: