Friday, March 1, 2013

A blessing in disguise

Day 773 - a precious moment of intimacy was shattered by the reality check of the phone. Something that happens so many times and for some reason it did not go down well this time. So it was followed by a very long discussion about the tyranny of reality and especially something we so take for granted as the tyranny of the phone. We allow it to interrupt us at the most inconvenient times and just get annoyed by that instead of realizing it is our choice to allow it to control our behavior, our circumstances. Even in modern time one should be able to claim a moment in time as his/her own sacred moment not to be interrupted, not allowing the magic to pass. I practice this for a long time now after I learned the hard way of the devastating effect it can have, but most people don't and they find my behavior weird. Today I had the opportunity to bring one more person into the fold; to open his eyes to the deeper meanings of letting something external like a phone or the person behind it, control our behavior in a certain moment. And he got it, and was shaken by what he suddenly saw in the mirror and I know it will make a significant change in the way he conducts himself. This is why I love him; everyone is allowed one mistake and I know he'll never make it again. I also learned that when something bothers me I have to express it; an uneasy feeling, a pang of hurt turned into something positive as we talked about it more. A blessing in disguise.
  
I am thankful for the way the moment turned into an opportunity to know and understand each other better. I am thankful I have a partner so open and ready to listen. I am thankful for the opportunity for both of us to do something differently, to improve our communication and openness. I am thankful for this blessing in disguise.  

No comments: