Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Lice scare

Day 784 - I got a call from one of my friends last week that they have found lice in their daughter's hair and I should check my hair to make sure I did not contracted it as well. I combed my hair with the special brush and it was clean. I also checked my partner's hair and he was fine. But we both kept scratching our hair for the past week and yesterday it was so bad and my scalp itched so much that this morning I decided to buy the special shampoo to treat lice and treat my hair. I came home early today and sprayed my hair with the solution, massaged it into my scalp and 20 minutes later washed my hair from all the stuff. Then I combed my hair with the special comb to get all the lice and their eggs out. I did everything as instructed and I combed my hair so much that my scalp feels raw, but nothing came out, the combed picked nothing. So it is all my imagination and the big scare I have of having lice. I hope now I will be able to put it to rest and stop itching my poor head. It sounds really stupid doing the treatment for nothing but I was so itchy that I had no other choice, I had to make sure I'm not just missing it  and just the thought of having lice sends chills along my spine. So stupid or not, I feel so much better for doing it; for getting my peace if mind again.
 
I am thankful for taking the test and getting a negative results. I am thankful for an early departure from work today, for a relaxed afternoon even if I worked from home later in the evening. I am thankful for a clean and lice free head.

No comments: